-   -   custom menu disappears when I File, Exit, Cancel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/401098-custom-menu-disappears-when-i-file-exit-cancel.html)

Smallweed

custom menu disappears when I File, Exit, Cancel

I have a couple of custom add-ins with functionality run from custom menu
options on the main menu (next to File, Edit, View, etc).

Found a strange bug: when I have a dirty file, click on File, Exit and then
Cancel, the custom menus disappear. The add-ins are still ticked in Tools,
Add-ins so it's just the menu that's gone.

Any ideas how to stop this?

Jim Thomlinson

custom menu disappears when I File, Exit, Cancel

I have used the AddinInstall and AddinUnistall events to create and destroy
the toolbars. That avoids the problem you describe.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Smallweed" wrote:

I've realised it's my auto_close macro (which deletes the menu each time).
This runs even if you then cancel exiting. Is there a better event I could
use?

"Smallweed" wrote:

I have a couple of custom add-ins with functionality run from custom menu
options on the main menu (next to File, Edit, View, etc).

Found a strange bug: when I have a dirty file, click on File, Exit and then
Cancel, the custom menus disappear. The add-ins are still ticked in Tools,
Add-ins so it's just the menu that's gone.

Any ideas how to stop this?

Smallweed

custom menu disappears when I File, Exit, Cancel

very good idea - thanks