-   -   "Sort" macro in late bound code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/401043-sort-macro-late-bound-code.html)

Ian[_4_]

"Sort" macro in late bound code

I'm having trouble converting a macro to late bound code so I can run it in
Access. I recorded the macro in Excel and got the following code

Columns("A:C").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("C2"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

So far, I've been able to get rid of the xl... references by converting them
to their equivalent numbers and have the following code

..Columns("A:C").Select
..Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("C2"), Order1:=2, Header:=1, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=1

The problem I have is that when the code runs, Range is highlighted with the
error Sub or Function not defined. What do I need to replace this with?

Ian

JLGWhiz

"Sort" macro in late bound code

This worked for me. Sorted on col C.

Sub srtcol()
Columns("A:C").Sort Key1:=Range("C2"), Order1:=2, Header:=1, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=1
End Sub

"Ian" wrote:

I'm having trouble converting a macro to late bound code so I can run it in
Access. I recorded the macro in Excel and got the following code

Columns("A:C").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("C2"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

So far, I've been able to get rid of the xl... references by converting them
to their equivalent numbers and have the following code

..Columns("A:C").Select
..Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("C2"), Order1:=2, Header:=1, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=1

The problem I have is that when the code runs, Range is highlighted with the
error Sub or Function not defined. What do I need to replace this with?

Ian

Ian[_4_]

"Sort" macro in late bound code

It works perfectly in when run in Excel VBA, but not when the code is in
Access VBA. It still says "Sub or Function not defined" relating to Range.

Any other thoughts?

Ian

_
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

So far, I've been able to get rid of the xl... references by converting
them
to their equivalent numbers and have the following code

..Columns("A:C").Select
..Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("C2"), Order1:=2, Header:=1, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=1

The problem I have is that when the code runs, Range is highlighted with
the
error Sub or Function not defined. What do I need to replace this with?

Ian

Ian[_4_]

"Sort" macro in late bound code

Got it!

Access didn't know what the range referred to. I changed Range with
objExcel.Range and it works like a dream.

Ian