-   -   Sum based on ranges pivot table? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/400978-sum-based-ranges-pivot-table.html)

DP7

Sum based on ranges pivot table?

I have a column that contains dates & quantities I would like to sum based on
date ranges that I would define. For example I would want the sum quantities
whose dates fall in-between Nov. 11 & Nov 17. Nov. 18 & 24€¦.. So on & so
forth. I have been trying to figure out a way to do this with maybe a v
lookup or pivot table. However I have not been able to do so. If anyone has
any ideas as to how I can do what I want to do I would be very grateful.
Thanks in advance.

joel

Sum based on ranges pivot table?

The usual way of getting a range of dates is to use a subtraction

(dates <= Nov 17) - (dates < Nov 11)

You can use a two SUMIF function to get the results.

=sumif(B1:B100,"<="&11/17/07,C1:C100)-sumif(B1:B100,"<"&11/11/07,C1:C100)

"DP7" wrote:

I have a column that contains dates & quantities I would like to sum based on
date ranges that I would define. For example I would want the sum quantities
whose dates fall in-between Nov. 11 & Nov 17. Nov. 18 & 24€¦.. So on & so
forth. I have been trying to figure out a way to do this with maybe a v
lookup or pivot table. However I have not been able to do so. If anyone has
any ideas as to how I can do what I want to do I would be very grateful.
Thanks in advance.

Bill Renaud

Sum based on ranges pivot table?

I would add a column (labeled "Filter") to your data. Enter a formula that
evaluates to TRUE if the date is within range. Then make "Filter" a page
field in your pivot table and set it to show only TRUE.

Bill Renaud