-   -   Pass named range to user defined function returns #value! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/400906-re-pass-named-range-user-defined-function-returns-value.html)

Ron Rosenfeld

Pass named range to user defined function returns #value!

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 19:40:00 -0800, IneedHelp
wrote:

I always use option explicit, so typo's are not the issue...the example was
not copied from the VBE. There must be something else that I am missing on
refering to named ranges. BTW I am using 2003

Well, if that's the case, then most likely your named ranges are multicell
ranges. So you have to treat them as such. You can't just refer to the named
range as if it were a single cell range, if it is not. For example, modifying
your routine a bit:

---------------------------------
Option Explicit
Public Function MyFunction(qtyIn, priceIn)
Dim c As Range
For Each c In qtyIn
Debug.Print c
Next c
MyFunction = Application.WorksheetFunction.SumProduct(qtyIn, priceIn)
End Function

--ron