-   -   Automatically Execute Excel Macro at 6:00 am (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/400754-automatically-execute-excel-macro-6-00-am.html)

scott[_11_]

Automatically Execute Excel Macro at 6:00 am

I have an excel macro that I need to execute at 6:00 am Monday morning
-- a time that I'd prefer not to be at the office. My thought that I
could leave the Excel file open over the weekend and program it to
automatically execute the Macro at the desired time. Can this be
done? If so, how?

Thanks!
Scott

joshua

Automatically Execute Excel Macro at 6:00 am

I'm probably not qualified to answer this question but I had a thought on how
to accomplish this.

Set the macro in the auto_open portion of workbook and use windows scheduled
tasks to open the file at 6:00 am Monday morning. Of course this would also
require macro security to be set to low.

There may be some way to include timing within excel, I'm just not
knowledgeable enough to comment on that aspect :)

"scott" wrote:

I have an excel macro that I need to execute at 6:00 am Monday morning
-- a time that I'd prefer not to be at the office. My thought that I
could leave the Excel file open over the weekend and program it to
automatically execute the Macro at the desired time. Can this be
done? If so, how?

Thanks!
Scott

Gary''s Student

Automatically Execute Excel Macro at 6:00 am

See:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/OnTime.aspx

Just be sure to set RunWhen to an absolute date/time rather than Now+ an
increment
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007a