-   -   Print spreadsheet replacing recipient name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/400615-print-spreadsheet-replacing-recipient-name.html)

freddy

Print spreadsheet replacing recipient name

Essentially, what I want to do is to print a pre-selected range in an Excel
spreadsheet yet insert a recipient's name (similar to a letter) into a
specific cell based on a list of contained in a range of cells within the
same spreadsheet. It's comparable to the mail merge in Word. However, I am
not using Word because Excel contains special functions that I need in the
spreadsheet. I have not written any pertinent code yet. I am using Microsoft
Visual Basic 6.3 with Microsoft Excel 2000.

Otto Moehrbach

Print spreadsheet replacing recipient name

Perhaps something like this. Change the ranges as needed. HTH Otto
Sub PrintAll()
Dim RngNames As Range
Dim i As Range
'Set the range of names
Set RngNames = Range("T1", Range("T" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
For Each i In RngNames
Range("A1").Value = i.Value
Range("A1:K50").PrintOut
Next i
End Sub
"Freddy" wrote in message
Essentially, what I want to do is to print a pre-selected range in an
Excel
spreadsheet yet insert a recipient's name (similar to a letter) into a
specific cell based on a list of contained in a range of cells within the
same spreadsheet. It's comparable to the mail merge in Word. However, I am
not using Word because Excel contains special functions that I need in the
spreadsheet. I have not written any pertinent code yet. I am using
Microsoft
Visual Basic 6.3 with Microsoft Excel 2000.

Gord Dibben

Print spreadsheet replacing recipient name

Freddy

Have a look at how John Walkenbach does it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:39:00 -0800, Freddy
wrote:

Essentially, what I want to do is to print a pre-selected range in an Excel
spreadsheet yet insert a recipient's name (similar to a letter) into a
specific cell based on a list of contained in a range of cells within the
same spreadsheet. It's comparable to the mail merge in Word. However, I am
not using Word because Excel contains special functions that I need in the
spreadsheet. I have not written any pertinent code yet. I am using Microsoft
Visual Basic 6.3 with Microsoft Excel 2000.

freddy

Print spreadsheet replacing recipient name

My request has been satisfied. Thank you very much.