-   -   Using Now with microseconds Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/400581-using-now-microseconds-excel-2003-a.html)

ian

Using Now with microseconds Excel 2003

I want to use a macro to put in date time in a cell with microseconds.

I've tried Range("a1").Value = Format(Now, " dd-mm-yyyy hh.mm.ss.
000")

which doesn't work for the milliseconds.

If I enter =now() in a cell manually and use custom format dd/mm/yyyy
hh:mm:ss:000 it works.

Any suggestions please?

I want to create a unique date time reference in each row and thought
I'd use a time date function.

Thanks.

Gary''s Student

Using Now with microseconds Excel 2003

Dim d As Double
d = Evaluate("Now()")
Range("A1") = d

format A1 in the worksheet or in VBA to match your reqs.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200753

Dave Peterson

Using Now with microseconds Excel 2003

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
With ActiveSheet.Range("A1")
.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss.000"
.Formula = "=now()"
.Value2 = .Value2
End With
End Sub

ian wrote:

I want to use a macro to put in date time in a cell with microseconds.

I've tried Range("a1").Value = Format(Now, " dd-mm-yyyy hh.mm.ss.
000")

which doesn't work for the milliseconds.

If I enter =now() in a cell manually and use custom format dd/mm/yyyy
hh:mm:ss:000 it works.

Any suggestions please?

I want to create a unique date time reference in each row and thought
I'd use a time date function.

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Dana DeLouis

Using Now with microseconds Excel 2003

I want to use a macro to put in date time in a cell with microseconds.

Another option...

Sub Demo()
[A1] = [TEXT(NOW(),"dd-mm-yyyy hh.mm.ss.000")]

Dana DeLouis

"ian" wrote in message
ups.com...
I want to use a macro to put in date time in a cell with microseconds.

I've tried Range("a1").Value = Format(Now, " dd-mm-yyyy hh.mm.ss.
000")

which doesn't work for the milliseconds.

If I enter =now() in a cell manually and use custom format dd/mm/yyyy
hh:mm:ss:000 it works.

Any suggestions please?

I want to create a unique date time reference in each row and thought
I'd use a time date function.

Thanks.

Tim Williams

Using Now with microseconds Excel 2003

Micro or milli ?

Tim

"ian" wrote in message
ups.com...
I want to use a macro to put in date time in a cell with microseconds.

I've tried Range("a1").Value = Format(Now, " dd-mm-yyyy hh.mm.ss.
000")

which doesn't work for the milliseconds.

If I enter =now() in a cell manually and use custom format dd/mm/yyyy
hh:mm:ss:000 it works.

Any suggestions please?

I want to create a unique date time reference in each row and thought
I'd use a time date function.

Thanks.

ian

Using Now with microseconds Excel 2003

Thanks

I used Dave's method. The answer is rounded to the nearest 10 milli-
seconds.

Yes Tim, I made a mistake in the question, milli-seconds is fine,

Ian