-   -   Use SUMPRODUCT and avoid rows with #REF! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/400503-use-sumproduct-avoid-rows-ref.html)

Raul

Use SUMPRODUCT and avoid rows with #REF!

I want to use SUMPRODUCT on several columns that may have some #REF! errors.
Is this possible?

I've played around with
"=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(H64:H75)),--(ISNUMBER(G64:G75)))"
to get a feel for this function and it returns the correct number of rows
but I don't know how to get actual values for these ranges.

Thanks in advance,
Raul

Bob Phillips

Use SUMPRODUCT and avoid rows with #REF!

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(H6:H75),H6:H75)*(IF(ISNUMBER(G6:G 75),G6:G75)))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets), do
not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Raul" wrote in message
I want to use SUMPRODUCT on several columns that may have some #REF!
errors.
Is this possible?

I've played around with
"=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(H64:H75)),--(ISNUMBER(G64:G75)))"
to get a feel for this function and it returns the correct number of rows
but I don't know how to get actual values for these ranges.

Thanks in advance,
Raul

Raul

Use SUMPRODUCT and avoid rows with #REF!

This is a great help.

Thanks,
Raul