-   -   Error on all My Excel books (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/400326-error-all-my-excel-books.html)

Jeff W.

Error on all My Excel books

When I open any, Excel file on my system, that is unprotected,
and that is most of them, all the cells show a small red corner
and when you click on it, it has a drop down with some error
checking things.

This just came on in the past couple of weeks that I have been
working out issues on othe workbooks, and I think there was
something, that I tried that has caused this.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this go away?

Thanks,

Jeff W.

JRForm

Error on all My Excel books

Jeff W,
It sounds like cell comments. CLick on a cell and click the right mouse
button and choose 'Insert Comment' from the list. In the same menu you can
choose delete and delete the comment.

"Jeff W." wrote:

When I open any, Excel file on my system, that is unprotected,
and that is most of them, all the cells show a small red corner
and when you click on it, it has a drop down with some error
checking things.

This just came on in the past couple of weeks that I have been
working out issues on othe workbooks, and I think there was
something, that I tried that has caused this.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this go away?

Thanks,

Jeff W.

Jeff W.

Error on all My Excel books

Would I have to do this to every cell of every sheet of every book?

<Jeff

"Jeff W." wrote:

When I open any, Excel file on my system, that is unprotected,
and that is most of them, all the cells show a small red corner
and when you click on it, it has a drop down with some error
checking things.

This just came on in the past couple of weeks that I have been
working out issues on othe workbooks, and I think there was
something, that I tried that has caused this.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this go away?

Thanks,

Jeff W.

JRForm

Error on all My Excel books

You can select all the cells with comments and delete them at one time.
I re-read your post and I think you need to check the error checking tab.
Click ToolsOptions Error checking tab. With out knowledge of the types of
issues you are trying resolve I am only guessing you may have set this a red
color.

"Jeff W." wrote:

When I open any, Excel file on my system, that is unprotected,
and that is most of them, all the cells show a small red corner
and when you click on it, it has a drop down with some error
checking things.

This just came on in the past couple of weeks that I have been
working out issues on othe workbooks, and I think there was
something, that I tried that has caused this.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this go away?

Thanks,

Jeff W.

Jeff W.

Error on all My Excel books

That seems to be it, I had somehow turned on the error checking
and it was just reporting empty cells, I turned it off and all is good

Thanks, for the help...

<Jeff

"Jeff W." wrote:

When I open any, Excel file on my system, that is unprotected,
and that is most of them, all the cells show a small red corner
and when you click on it, it has a drop down with some error
checking things.

This just came on in the past couple of weeks that I have been
working out issues on othe workbooks, and I think there was
something, that I tried that has caused this.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this go away?

Thanks,

Jeff W.

Gord Dibben

Error on all My Excel books

ToolsOptionsError Checking.

Disable or Reset.

Better yet..........repair the data so's it won't be bring up the error
checking.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP