Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Difficult text to number conversion

Hi,

I extract data from an application (SAP) and all my number are formatted as
text. They only way I found so far to convert them is to click on the yellow
diamond and then chose convert to number from the menu. I try the macro
recorder to do the same and nothing is appearing beside my selection. I tried
copy/paste format from a cell in which I enter "1" and it do not convert the
text. I also tried to change the format of the cell manually without success.
The error message from the yellow diamond is (translate from french, so it
could be different) " The number in this cell is formatted as text or is
precede by an apostrophe".

I am still new with programming ( mainly use the macro recorder so far to
learn from it ) and I cannot figure out how to do the trick.

Thanks!
--
Mathieu