-   -   Retrieving hyperlink from MS Access database (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/400156-retrieving-hyperlink-ms-access-database.html)

אלי

Retrieving hyperlink from MS Access database

Hi!

I have problem to retrieve hyperlinks from MS Access database to Excel
worksheet (ADO). everytime when a hyperlink is retrieved to the worksheet it
is wrapped with # from both sides for eg: #http:\www.cnn.com# and the link is
not working.

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

regards

Gary''s Student

Retrieving hyperlink from MS Access database

I don't know how to prevent this, but I do know how to fix your "im-pounded"
hyperlinks. Select the cells and run:

Sub hyper_fixer()
For Each r In Selection
r.Value = Mid(r.Value, 2, Len(r.Value) - 2)
r.Select
Application.SendKeys "{F2}"
Application.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
DoEvents
Next
End Sub

This sub removes the leading and trailing pound from each cell and then does
F2 to the cell to make the hyperlink "hot"
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200752

"אלי" wrote:

Hi!

I have problem to retrieve hyperlinks from MS Access database to Excel
worksheet (ADO). everytime when a hyperlink is retrieved to the worksheet it
is wrapped with # from both sides for eg: #http:\www.cnn.com# and the link is
not working.

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

regards

אלי

Retrieving hyperlink from MS Access database

Thanks!

Eli