-   -   VLOOKUP in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/400084-vlookup-excel.html)

Mel[_8_]

VLOOKUP in Excel

I am using vlookups to create a table based on s_codes, but now I have the
added complexity where I need to match on 2 columns before pulling the
subsequent values in the row because values are repeated in the first column.
For example:

S_Codes Type Cost
123 A $100
123 B $50
124 A $75
124 B $40

So I need to create a lookup that will reference the Cost where s_code =
123 and type = 'A'. I appreciate any help on this!! Thanks!

Gary''s Student

VLOOKUP in Excel

In the column before S_codes, enter:

=B2 & C2 and copy down:

cmb S_Codes Type Cost
123A 123 A $100
123B 123 B $50
124A 124 A $75
124B 124 B $40

Then do the VLOOKUP() on the cmb column.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200751