Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Export to CSV file problems

Hi all,

I have MS Excel 2002 SP3 installed.
I need to create a CSV file with ~ as the delimiter. I customized my
current (dutch) Regional settings List delimiter to ~. So far so good.
Once I open my excel file and do a save as, select CSV file and click
on Save, I have exactly what I need. Upon opening the file with
Notepad, all records are separeted with ~.

However, I would like to automate this. I record a macro of the above
action which resulted in something like this:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\FILES\TEST.csv", _
FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=False

But If I open that file with Notepad, all fields are separeted by
comma's :-(

The questions is: WHY? and how can I prevent this from happening? I
want my ~ as the delimiter.