-   -   Conditional cell protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/400001-conditional-cell-protection.html)

Paul J[_2_]

Conditional cell protection

If the value in cell A1 <= 0 I want to be able to change the protection on
another range of cells from unlocked to locked. Any ideas how this can be
done?
--
Thanks

Paul

Tom Ogilvy

Conditional cell protection

use the change event or the calculate event. It depends on how the value
will become less than zero.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.aspx

beyond that, you have to unprotect the sheet and set the locked property to
false (or true) then reprotect the sheet. Code can be captured with the
macro recorder if you are not familiar.

Tom Ogilvy