-   -   Series Collection Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399971-series-collection-question.html)

Ken

Series Collection Question

I keep getting an error with the following code:

Dim mySrs As Series

For Each mySrs In oChartObj.Chart.SeriesCollection
Debug.Print mySrs.PlotOrder, mySrs.Name, mySrs.Formula
If (mySrs.Name = SeriesStr) Then
Debug.Print "Found "; SeriesStr
End If
Next

I get a "Unable to get the PlotOrder property of the Series Class"

I am trying to update the series range values. I have other functions that
work correctly on other charts. I checked the chart to very the name of the
object is in the chart.

Any help would be great...

I really would like to be able to generate the charts on the fly but there
is so much formatting that it makes it impractical.

Thanks.

Peter T

Series Collection Question

What ChartType(s) is/are applied to your series. Can return very little from
series in a 3DSurfaceArea type, also (rarely) can be problematic from 2nd &
subsequent series of certain chart types.

Regards,
Peter T

"Ken" wrote in message
[...]

It is a 2-D Scatter plot, with 2 other single points on it.

"Ken" wrote in message
I keep getting an error with the following code:

Dim mySrs As Series

For Each mySrs In oChartObj.Chart.SeriesCollection
Debug.Print mySrs.PlotOrder, mySrs.Name, mySrs.Formula
If (mySrs.Name = SeriesStr) Then
Debug.Print "Found "; SeriesStr
End If
Next

I get a "Unable to get the PlotOrder property of the Series Class"

I am trying to update the series range values. I have other functions

that
work correctly on other charts. I checked the chart to very the name of

the
object is in the chart.

Any help would be great...

I really would like to be able to generate the charts on the fly but there
is so much formatting that it makes it impractical.

Thanks.

Jon Peltier

Series Collection Question

Are any of the series backed up by unplottable data (no numeric values to
plot in the data ranges so no points are plotted)? If so, marker-based
series (line and XY chart series) cause errors when you try to use VBA to
read some of their properties.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

&

"Ken" wrote in message
[...]

I am plotting a single point that has data in it. The odd part is that this
function used to work and I have not had any problems before.

"Ken" wrote in message
[...]

I don't think I know enough about your particular error. Does the point
appear in the chart?

- Jon
-------

"Ken" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Jon,

The point is does show up on the chart and has a formula in it.

Ken

Jon Peltier

Series Collection Question

Ken -

I'm intrigued. If you email me the file I'll take a look.

- Jon
-------