-   -   IF Statement with Dates. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399955-if-statement-dates.html)

[email protected][_2_]

IF Statement with Dates.

As part of a method to try and create a summary sheet, I have an IF
statement setup to tell me the date period. Currently, it states:
=IF('OC''s'!I35/5/2007,1,0)

Basically state "1" if the date is greater than May 5, 2007. For some
reason, it responds with a "1" anytime there is anything written into
the cell, which is driving me nuts. Also, what would I do if I want to
have it populate a "1" if the date in that cell is between May 5th and
May30th?

Thanks!

Andrew Taylor

IF Statement with Dates.

Your 5/5/2007 is being interpreted as 5 divided by 5 divided by 2007,
so almost any date will be greater then the result. Replace it by
DATE(2007,5,5)

On Oct 24, 11:04 am, Andrew Taylor wrote:
Your 5/5/2007 is being interpreted as 5 divided by 5 divided by 2007,
so almost any date will be greater then the result. Replace it by
DATE(2007,5,5)

Perfect! Thank you very much!