-   -   Remove Sharing Code Error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399953-remove-sharing-code-error.html)

BenS

Remove Sharing Code Error

I have hundreds of Excel files that are currently set as "shared" but I want
to remove this feature.

I tried to create code to do this by recording the action of me unsharing
one workbook.

This produces the code:

ThisWorkbook.ExclusiveAccess

I then added Application.DisplayAlerts = False before the line above and
Application.DisplayAlerts = True after the line above to produce the
following. I did this because there is a message box that pops up when you
unshare in Excel warning about various things. I wanted to skip this.

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ThisWorkbook.ExclusiveAccess
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

When I run this I get an error though. The error is:

Run-Time error '1004':
Method 'ExclusiveAccess' of object '_Workbook' failed

End/Debug/Help etc....

Can anyone suggest why I am getting this error message or how I can alter my
code to unshare a workbook without getting an error?

Many thanks!