-   -   printing a quotation mark in a text file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399944-printing-quotation-mark-text-file.html)

Stephen

printing a quotation mark in a text file

Hello,

please help with producing something like this in a text file from VBA:

aaa "bbb"

I am trying with

exestr="aaa \"bbb\""
Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("H:\qq.bat", True)
a.writeline (exestr)
a.Close

It is a question of escaping characters in VBA. Or if you could tell me how
to pass an argument containing spaces to a script (python,perl,R) from VBA?

Smallweed

printing a quotation mark in a text file

I'd use chr(34) as the double quotes

"stephen" wrote:

Hello,

please help with producing something like this in a text file from VBA:

aaa "bbb"

I am trying with

exestr="aaa \"bbb\""
Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("H:\qq.bat", True)
a.writeline (exestr)
a.Close

It is a question of escaping characters in VBA. Or if you could tell me how
to pass an argument containing spaces to a script (python,perl,R) from VBA?

JRForm

printing a quotation mark in a text file

Try this exestr=""" & "aaa \"bbb\" & """ &

"stephen" wrote:

Hello,

please help with producing something like this in a text file from VBA:

aaa "bbb"

I am trying with

exestr="aaa \"bbb\""
Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("H:\qq.bat", True)
a.writeline (exestr)
a.Close

It is a question of escaping characters in VBA. Or if you could tell me how
to pass an argument containing spaces to a script (python,perl,R) from VBA?

JRForm

printing a quotation mark in a text file

Oops this works better!

exestr = "aaa\" & """" & "bbb\" & """"

"JRForm" wrote:

Try this exestr=""" & "aaa \"bbb\" & """ &