-   -   Entering a certain text automatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399914-entering-certain-text-automatically.html)

Teija

Entering a certain text automatically

I have a simple? problem that I can't solve. If I enter "f", I want that
Excel enters word "free" automatically in that same cell and if I enter "s",
Excel enters "sick" and so on. This has to happen everywhere in the
spredsheet. (Enable AutoComplete for cell values isn't enough). The data
should be in a common cell. Can anyone help me?
--
Thankful for your help!

papou[_3_]

Entering a certain text automatically

Hello Teija
Do you want this behaviour for any Excel sheet or for just one specific
sheet?
if the latter:
right-click on the sheet tab, select View code and paste this:
Select Case Target.Text
Case Is = "f"
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Value = "free"
Application.EnableEvents = True
Case Is = "s"
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Value = "sick"
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Select
End Sub

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"Teija" a écrit dans le message de news:
I have a simple? problem that I can't solve. If I enter "f", I want that
Excel enters word "free" automatically in that same cell and if I enter
"s",
Excel enters "sick" and so on. This has to happen everywhere in the
spredsheet. (Enable AutoComplete for cell values isn't enough). The data
should be in a common cell. Can anyone help me?
--
Thankful for your help!

Attellati

Entering a certain text automatically

Hi Teija,

You have to program the software to remember your word but if you use my
spreasheet for example I have programmed it to remember Mobile or STD, this
is for my Excel Telephone Book Spreadsheet and what I did was set the
validation rule and typed in the values e.g. Mobile or STD and now whenever I
type the first letter of the word, it automatically pops up. It's really not
as hard as it seems, you should give this a try, it's simple!

Cheers
--
Attellati

"Teija" wrote:

I have a simple? problem that I can't solve. If I enter "f", I want that
Excel enters word "free" automatically in that same cell and if I enter "s",
Excel enters "sick" and so on. This has to happen everywhere in the
spredsheet. (Enable AutoComplete for cell values isn't enough). The data
should be in a common cell. Can anyone help me?
--
Thankful for your help!

Teija

Entering a certain text automatically

Hello Papou!

I copied your code but nothing happens when I enter "v" or "s". Why??? Do
you know the reason? It hasn't anything to do with the language, the code is
international, I suppose.

Any suggestions to repair?
--
Thankful for your help!

"papou" wrote:

[...]

Hi Atellati!

The only problem is that although I'm good in Excel I can't make any code.

Teija
--
Thankful for your help!