Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
XP XP is offline

Default Activate a template file

Using Office 2003 and Windows XP;

Is there any way to activate a template file after it has already been
opened (but not yet saved)?

I tried recording the file name and writing it into a hidden sheet, then use
that to activate the file, but it doesn't work, I guess because it is not yet
saved, but it seems there must be a way to activate it.

I also tried setting an object reference to the file on open, but this loses
the object reference for some reason, I think because the file being opened
is an Oracle ADI template file and certain codes run in the background to
connect to Oracle and the object reference is severed in the process.

Can I use a window name perhaps?

Your example code would be most appreciated. Thanks much in advance.