-   -   Hotfix for Office Excel 2007 (KB943075) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399824-hotfix-office-excel-2007-kb943075.html)

mar.k

Hotfix for Office Excel 2007 (KB943075)

Hi all,

there's a problem with installing this Excel hotfix. I just uninstalled the
old Office Version and installed the new one (version 2007). After the
installation Office works usual, and everything is fine. But if i try to
install the hotfix, always the same error occurs.
The error message is just "The installation of this package failed.". No
further message is shown.
After reinstalling the office package, the error occurs, yet. Also a
computer restart, after every step, is no use.

The Update is very important, because it solve the calculation problem for
Excel 2007, so we need that in our company, immediately.
What can I do to make it work?

Hope you can help me.

Regards

Nigel[_2_]

Hotfix for Office Excel 2007 (KB943075)

Some more information here about the problem, not sure it covers the hotfix
failure, but it is a place to also raise the issue.

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/

Nigel

"mar.k" wrote in message
Hi all,

there's a problem with installing this Excel hotfix. I just uninstalled
the
old Office Version and installed the new one (version 2007). After the
installation Office works usual, and everything is fine. But if i try to
install the hotfix, always the same error occurs.
The error message is just "The installation of this package failed.". No
further message is shown.
After reinstalling the office package, the error occurs, yet. Also a
computer restart, after every step, is no use.

The Update is very important, because it solve the calculation problem for
Excel 2007, so we need that in our company, immediately.
What can I do to make it work?

Hope you can help me.

Regards

mar.k[_2_]

Hotfix for Office Excel 2007 (KB943075)

OK, I have found the problem solution on this link, thanks Nigel.

The Problem was the old Windows Installer. To update Office Excel you need
Windows Installer 3.1 v2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893803

Regards