-   -   reading longvarchar(484), data always empty in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399821-reading-longvarchar-484-data-always-empty-excel.html)

Sonnich Jensen[_2_]

reading longvarchar(484), data always empty in Excel

I have a problem with reading data from Oracle. When reading a
longvarchar, I get nothing - it does not read any data out.
The code below is in use, and when reading a normal varchar2 field it
works. The current is a longvarchar(484), and it is always empty,
causing EOF to be true - always - trying to to read data before reads
nothing...
The SQL works well in PHP, DB Explorer and such.... but M$ does not
like it,

Help, please...

Set oWS = CreateWorkspace("server", "me", "qwerty", dbUseODBC)
oWS.DefaultCursorDriver = dbUseODBCCursor
oWS.LoginTimeout = 280

Set Connection = oWS.OpenConnection("server", dbDriverNoPrompt,
True, _
"ODBC;DSN=datastuff;UID=me;PWD=qwerty")
Connection.QueryTimeout = 480

sSQL = "select something from whatever"
Set oRec = oConn.OpenRecordset(sSQL, dbOpenDynaset)

If oRec.EOF Then '<- always false, even that SQL returns data
sResult = ""