-   -   Data Validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399709-data-validation.html)

Joe K.

Data Validation

I am trying to create data validation within my spreadsheet listed below.

Meeting Location (Column D) has predefined list of values. The list name is
Meeting_Loc.

I would to create two validations.

First validation check InspName (Column E) cell value to see if the cell
value is blank and the row has values for
Meeting_No,Meeting_Order_No,Date,Meeting_Location, and InspName. Create a
lookup to find the text value for InspName where current row values equal the
same values for Meeting_No, Meeting_Order_No, Date,
Meeting_Location, and InspName. Listed below the example second record
InspName should be T. Davis.

Second validation check InspName (Column E) cell value to see if the cell
value is correct. If a row with Meeting_No,Meeting_Order_No,Date,and
Meeting_Location have the same value then the InspName row value should have
the same value.
If the value is not the same then shade both cells red.
Listed below the example second record InspName should be T. Davis if not
then shade both cells in red.

Please help me with a solution to both data validations.

Thanks,

Column A Column B Column C Column D
Column E
Meeting_No Meeting_Order_No Date Meeting_Location
InspName
121 1 1/22/07 Dallas
T. Davis
121 2 1/22/07 Dallas