-   -   UI controls change size when used (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399691-ui-controls-change-size-when-used.html)

charlie oppenheimer

UI controls change size when used

I have this problem in multiple Excel-Windows projects where I have several
UI controls placed on a worksheet. Over time as the controls are used, they
change size even when the sheet itself is not resized or rows/columns
inserted. For example, a list object gets larger or smaller and the text
inside gets larger or smaller after a few times of double-clicking items in
the list. Buttons also change position. Checking the properties, they are
typically unchanged. Then I have to quit Excel, restart it and then the
properties show changed values, at which point I have to change the controls
back to the size/position selected. Currently using Excel 2003 but same
thing happens with previous version. Same thing on many different computers.
Haven't tried 2007. Anyone else seen this? Ideas?

--
Charlie

Gary Keramidas

UI controls change size when used

on the properties tab of the format control ui, do you have don't move or size
with cells selected?

--

Gary

"charlie oppenheimer" wrote in