-   -   Has file EVER been saved? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399683-has-file-ever-been-saved.html)

XP

Has file EVER been saved?

What is the best method for determining if the currently open file has EVER
been saved?

I know it would not be prudent to do so, but a user could potentially be in
an unsaved template named like "Test.xls" and when saved would look like
"Test.xls.xls" right?

If so, this invalidates looking for a period or xls in the file name to
determine its save status...believe me, a couple of my users are not beyond
this...

Thanks much for your assistance.

JP[_3_]

Has file EVER been saved?

Hi,

If the workbook has never been saved, ThisWorkbook.Path will be empty.

Hope this helps,
JP