-   -   Create an alphanumeric value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399641-create-alphanumeric-value.html)

Mekinnik

Create an alphanumeric value

I once had a code that created an alphanumeric value based on a combobox
selection in addition the code would check the record for the first two
letters then then add the next higher number to the corresponding cell. It
looked something like this XX001,XX002 and would keep adding based again on
the combobox selection, however I have sence lost the code and therefore
asking all you GURU's to help me recreated it. For the life of me I cannot
remember.

Thanks

Bob Phillips

Create an alphanumeric value

If you got it here it should be amongst http://tinyurl.com/yuamc6

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Mekinnik" wrote in message
I once had a code that created an alphanumeric value based on a combobox
selection in addition the code would check the record for the first two
letters then then add the next higher number to the corresponding cell. It
looked something like this XX001,XX002 and would keep adding based again
on
the combobox selection, however I have sence lost the code and therefore
asking all you GURU's to help me recreated it. For the life of me I cannot
remember.

Thanks

Mekinnik

Create an alphanumeric value

No I did not get it here, I thought it was a VB code however it was a
function to create the number based on the cell next to it sorry for the
misinformation, So back to the drawing board.

"Mekinnik" wrote in message
I once had a code that created an alphanumeric value based on a combobox
selection in addition the code would check the record for the first two
letters then then add the next higher number to the corresponding cell. It
looked something like this XX001,XX002 and would keep adding based again
on
the combobox selection, however I have sence lost the code and therefore
asking all you GURU's to help me recreated it. For the life of me I cannot
remember.

Thanks

joel

Create an alphanumeric value

Will something like this help???

Sub test()

ActiveSheet.ComboBox1.ColumnCount = 2
ActiveSheet.ComboBox1.Clear
For i = 0 To 10
ActiveSheet.ComboBox1.AddItem "AA"
ListNumber = "AA" & Format(i, "#00000")
ActiveSheet.ComboBox1.List(i, 1) = ListNumber
Next i

End Sub