-   -   excel if Range a1a2 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399601-excel-if-range-a1-a2.html)

Magoo

excel if Range a1a2

Does any one know how to do this using vba.

I would like to have an if statement that is similar to this.

If Range("C8") Range("C16") Then
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Oval 806").Select
Selection.ShapeRange.Line.Visible = False
End If

This will not work Please help...

Thanks

JW[_2_]

excel if Range a1a2

Just remove ShapeRange from your code.

Using a variable
Sub try()
Dim sh As Shape
Set sh = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Oval 806")
If Range("C8") Range("C16") Then
sh.Line.Visible = False
End If
Set sh = Nothing
End Sub

Not using a variable
Sub tryAgain()
If Range("C8") Range("C16") Then
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Oval 806") _
.Line.Visible = False

Magoo wrote:
Does any one know how to do this using vba.

I would like to have an if statement that is similar to this.

If Range("C8") Range("C16") Then
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Oval 806").Select
Selection.ShapeRange.Line.Visible = False
End If

This will not work Please help...

Thanks

JE McGimpsey

excel if Range a1a2

Code works fine as-is for me...

Is your worksheet unprotected?

Personally, I'd forego the selection and use

With ActiveSheet
If .Range("C8").Value .Range("C16").Value Then
.Shapes("Oval 806").Line.Visible = False
End If
End With

or even use a toggle (which would make the line visible again if C16<=C8)

With ActiveSheet
.Shapes("Oval 806").Line.Visible = _
.Range("C8").Value <= .Range("C16").Value
End With