-   -   how to automatically sum columns and rows in a template (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399575-how-automatically-sum-columns-rows-template.html)

Susan[_5_]

how to automatically sum columns and rows in a template

I'm a novice with Excel. I am using Excel 2002 and want to create a simple
template. I need it to automatically fill in the sum of certain columns and
rows as each cell is filled in. Can someone explain how to do this? Please
reply in plain English, because I will not understand programming language.
If I am posting in the wrong forum, I'd appreciate a suggestion as to where I
should post.

Thank you very much.
--
Susan

JE McGimpsey

how to automatically sum columns and rows in a template

One way:

Say you want to sum A1:A10 whenever any cell in that range contains a
numeric value:

=IF(COUNT(A1:A10),SUM(A1:A10),"")