-   -   Avoiding hyperlink error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399572-avoiding-hyperlink-error.html)

ABalusu

Avoiding hyperlink error

I'm using XML-formatted Excel 2003 (11.8146.8132) SP2 files as template to
populate data from an ASP.Net web app. I'd like to avoid the "Hyperlink
creation for cell data starts with 'FTP ' followed by numbers, then
double-clicked on this cell and moved to other cell" error, and I tried
setting the Ticked attribute as follows:

<Cell<Data ss:Type="String" x:Ticked="1"FTP 123</Data</Cell

However, this appears to have single quote in front of the data ('FTP 123).
In case, when user double-clicks the cell for copying the data, this single
quote is also appeared in-front of the data. Is it possible to prevent this
single quote? Or Is it possible to prevent the hyperlink creation if the data
starts with 'FTP ' followed by numbers?

Please advice. Thanks in advance
abalusu