-   -   Scrollbar not working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399542-scrollbar-not-working.html)

Charlie

Scrollbar not working

Apparently I have inadvertently pressed a key or something that has changed
the way my scrollbars operate. It used to be a "live scroll" rather than a
"jump scroll". In other words, the page used to scroll as I dragged the
scrollbar. Now it just displays that useless little tooltip showing the row
or column to jump to when I release it. Is there a way to revert to the
alternate method of scrolling?

TIA,
Charlie

Charlie

Scrollbar not working

When I noticed that my Word documents were also no longer scrolling I
rebooted my workstation. That fixed the scrolling problem (although I would
still like to know the option to toggle the scrollbar functionality)

Now I have another problem maybe someone knows the answer to: all of my text
cells show up in the formula bar with an apostrophe appended at the front.
For example if A1 is

TEST

it shows up in the formula bar as

'TEST

why is it doing that?

"Charlie" wrote:

Apparently I have inadvertently pressed a key or something that has changed
the way my scrollbars operate. It used to be a "live scroll" rather than a
"jump scroll". In other words, the page used to scroll as I dragged the
scrollbar. Now it just displays that useless little tooltip showing the row
or column to jump to when I release it. Is there a way to revert to the
alternate method of scrolling?

TIA,
Charlie

Charlie

Scrollbar not working

Uncheck "Transition navigation keys"

"Charlie" wrote:

Apparently I have inadvertently pressed a key or something that has changed
the way my scrollbars operate. It used to be a "live scroll" rather than a
"jump scroll". In other words, the page used to scroll as I dragged the
scrollbar. Now it just displays that useless little tooltip showing the row
or column to jump to when I release it. Is there a way to revert to the
alternate method of scrolling?

TIA,
Charlie

Charlie

Scrollbar not working

Thank You!

"Charlie" wrote:

Apparently I have inadvertently pressed a key or something that has changed
the way my scrollbars operate. It used to be a "live scroll" rather than a
"jump scroll". In other words, the page used to scroll as I dragged the
scrollbar. Now it just displays that useless little tooltip showing the row
or column to jump to when I release it. Is there a way to revert to the
alternate method of scrolling?

TIA,
Charlie

Charlie