Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Putting A Macro in a Cell

I have a work log that I use to track my daily projects that is an excel
sheet
and in the fifth column I have the customers name which I have hyper linked
to a WORD document that is in a specific directory I would like to have
eighth
cell on that same line show the saved date of the WORD file with the name of
the
hyperlinked file this is one line of my log.

-A- -B- -C- -D- -E-
-F- -G-
-H-
(status) (item) (entry date) (invoice) (customer) (project)
(comments) (updated)
Closed 10 05/08/07 2398057 Franklin Band Saw Post
Waiting For response "the date of the word file"

If I could do this I can look at a glance and see the date of the last
activity based on the file date of the hyperlinked WORD document

All the word documents are in the same folder, I add items to this everyday,
so the rows across just keep accumulating
I don't know if its possible to have it do this automatically update cell
"H" every time the word file gets changed so I would
always have up to date information

I'm open to suggestions, I just don't know how to get this macro in a cell,
I mean if this is even the way this should be done

Thanks,

Jeff W.