-   -   Center the Column Headers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399345-center-column-headers.html)

AccessHelp

Center the Column Headers

I have values in Cells A1, B1 and C1 in a new sheet. How can I align them to
center? I have tried the following:

NewSheet.Rows(1).align msoAlignCenter, true

Thanks.

JW[_2_]

Center the Column Headers

Fo just A1:C1
Range("A1:C1").HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter

For the whole first row
Rows(1).HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter

AccessHelp wrote:
I have values in Cells A1, B1 and C1 in a new sheet. How can I align them to
center? I have tried the following:

NewSheet.Rows(1).align msoAlignCenter, true

Thanks.

Don Guillett

Center the Column Headers

Did you try recording a macro while doing it manually

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"AccessHelp" wrote in message
I have values in Cells A1, B1 and C1 in a new sheet. How can I align them
center? I have tried the following:

NewSheet.Rows(1).align msoAlignCenter, true

Thanks.

AccessHelp

Center the Column Headers

JW,

Thanks for your help. The code works perfectly.

AccessHelp wrote:
I have values in Cells A1, B1 and C1 in a new sheet. How can I align them to
center? I have tried the following:

NewSheet.Rows(1).align msoAlignCenter, true

Thanks.

AccessHelp

Center the Column Headers

Thanks for your response. No, I didn't record the macro. I wrote the code
from scratch, and this line item is just a portion of my entire code. One of
the challenges that I have is I am still new to Excel syntax.

Thanks.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Did you try recording a macro while doing it manually

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"AccessHelp" wrote in message
I have values in Cells A1, B1 and C1 in a new sheet. How can I align them
center? I have tried the following:

NewSheet.Rows(1).align msoAlignCenter, true

Thanks.

AccessHelp

Center the Column Headers

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your response. As I mentioned to Don below, this line item is
just a portion of my entire code. Plus, I am still new to Excel syntax.

Thanks.

AccessHelp wrote:
I have values in Cells A1, B1 and C1 in a new sheet. How can I align them to
center? I have tried the following:

NewSheet.Rows(1).align msoAlignCenter, true

Thanks.

Record a macro, then highlight the columns you want to center than use
the center align button then stop macro. It's good to use the record
macro for simple tasks such as this; this way you can get a basic
understanding about vba.

ryan

Don Guillett

Center the Column Headers

Had you "tried" to record a macro, this is what you would have gotten. Then,
just clean it up as shown below it.

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 10/16/2007 by Donald B. Guillett
'

'
Rows("1:1").Select
With Selection
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
.VerticalAlignment = xlBottom
.WrapText = False
.Orientation = 0
.AddIndent = False
.IndentLevel = 0
.ShrinkToFit = False
.ReadingOrder = xlContext
.MergeCells = False
End With
End Sub

sub centerrowtext()'cleaned up
Rows("1:1").HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
end sub