-   -   Running code in opened workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399337-running-code-opened-workbook.html)

Nigel RS[_2_]

Running code in opened workbook

I have an Excel application that during running opens another workbook which
has some VBA code. How can I run the code in this opened workbook?

At present my application workbook shows a 'sub or function not defined
error when I try to run the code.

' code in my first workbook
Sub ProcessOtherWorkBook

Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Accounts.xls"

Call ProcessAccounts <== error here sub or function not defined

End Sub

Cheers

Don Guillett

Running code in opened workbook

Sub pow()
Workbooks.Open Filename:="yourfilename.xls"
Application.Run ("yourfilename.xls!yourmacroname")

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Nigel RS" wrote in message
I have an Excel application that during running opens another workbook
which
has some VBA code. How can I run the code in this opened workbook?

At present my application workbook shows a 'sub or function not defined
error when I try to run the code.

' code in my first workbook
Sub ProcessOtherWorkBook

Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Accounts.xls"

Call ProcessAccounts <== error here sub or function not defined

End Sub

Cheers

Nigel RS[_2_]

Running code in opened workbook