-   -   Copy time from one column to another in a macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399302-copy-time-one-column-another-macro.html)

Robert B.[_2_]

Copy time from one column to another in a macro

I am trying to create a simple worksheet to log people in / out + in/out when
going to lunch . I need help with code below. Computer asks me to ENTER or
SELECT destination and press ENTER or choose PASTE. When I press ESC on
keyboard the question goes away. Is there a way to tell VBA to press ESC to
correct this problem? If there is a more simple way please advise.

Column A - Name
Column B - Where check goes to say person arrived
Column C - Looks at Column B if checked (NOW())
Column D - Macro copies time from C and pastes as a value
Column E - Repeat of B-D (for Out to Lunch, In from Lunch, Dep. for Day)

Thanks for any help

Robert

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "R"
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.OnKey "{ENTER}"
Range("AZ1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=+TODAY()"
Range("A1").Select
ActiveCell.Select

End Sub

Doug Glancy[_8_]

Copy time from one column to another in a macro

Robert,

To clear the clipboard, put this in your code:

application.CutCopyMode = false

hth,

Doug

"Robert B." <Robert wrote in message
[...]

Robert B.

Copy time from one column to another in a macro

Mr. Glancy,

Thanks much for the code below. It worked perfectly. I have another
question. I currently have to select each of the four cells (Entry,Exit, Out
to Lunch or In from Lunch) by clicking on cell in left side. The right side
of each cell I have a transparent rectangle attached to the marcro. Is
there a way to make it when I click anywhere in each of the cells listed
above it will activate the macro?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Robert
"Doug Glancy" wrote:

[...]

Take a look at the Worksheet_SelectionChange event. Look it up in Help or
Google it. I think it will do what you want. Sorry, don't have time for
more now.

Doug