-   -   adding unique number from list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/398995-adding-unique-number-list.html)

[email protected]

adding unique number from list

I have 2 work sheets.
Sheet one is an inventory of bolts. Each bolt has an uniek number.
Bolts with same dimensions have an unique number.
0001 M16 x 40 8.8,
0002 M16 x 40 8.8,
0003 M16 x 30 8.8,
0004 M16 x 30 10.9,
0005 M16 x 40 8.8....

The second sheet contains bolt dimension. I need a solution to add the
unique number to the bolt dimension.

M16 x 40 8.8 -- 0001 (to be added),
M16 x 30 8.8 -- 0003,
M16 x 40 8.8 -- 0002,
M16 x 40 8.8 -- 0005,
M16 x 30 10.9 --0004 .....

I tried to work with formulas but didnot find the solution. Is there a
wizz who could support me or point me in the right direction.

Johg

JRForm

adding unique number from list

try using a verticle lookup