-   -   Scenario/Pivot Tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/398913-scenario-pivot-tables.html)

dianaweinstein

Scenario/Pivot Tables

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with scenarios/pivot tables. I
have 8 scenarios that are set up that feed calculations in 2 of my
columns in the data sheet. I would then like to create pivot tables
for each of the 8 scenarios. unfortunately i can't use the summary
pivot report as it only gives me the option of inputting a total # as
a results cell. thanks

Debra Dalgleish

Scenario/Pivot Tables

Instead of using a scenario pivot table, which is very limited, create a
regular pivot table from the data sheet.

When you change the scenario, and the calculations show a different
result, refresh the pivot table, to see that scenario's summary.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

dianaweinstein

Scenario/Pivot Tables

dianaweinstein wrote:
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with scenarios/pivot tables. I
have 8 scenarios that are set up that feed calculations in 2 of my
columns in the data sheet. I would then like to create pivot tables
for each of the 8 scenarios. unfortunately i can't use the summary
pivot report as it only gives me the option of inputting a total # as
a results cell. thanks

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextureshttp://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

i was hoping that i could somehow save the results without having to
constantly save the values of the pivot tables so that i could do a
side by side comparison of the results. any ideas? i was hoping to
create a report manager once i have all my views saved.