-   -   Excel question. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/398840-excel-question.html)

NRENNIE

Excel question.

Hi,

I'm trying to do a formula in Excel that has me stumped. Would appreciate a
bit of help.
I have the formula:
=((C43*TAN(G29*PI()/180))/C45)
Which in this case gives the figu
0.429608961
I want the inverse tangent (inv tan) of this figure, which when worked out
on a calculator is:
23.2487

Does anyone know what I should add to the formula to get the 23.2487 figure?

Thanks,

Nick

JE McGimpsey

Excel question.

One way:

=ATAN(0.429608961) * 180/PI()

In article ,
"NRENNIE" wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to do a formula in Excel that has me stumped. Would appreciate a
bit of help.
I have the formula:
=((C43*TAN(G29*PI()/180))/C45)
Which in this case gives the figu
0.429608961
I want the inverse tangent (inv tan) of this figure, which when worked out
on a calculator is:
23.2487

Does anyone know what I should add to the formula to get the 23.2487 figure?

Thanks,

Nick

NRENNIE

Excel question.

It works! Thanks very much.

Nick.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
One way:

=ATAN(0.429608961) * 180/PI()

In article ,
"NRENNIE" wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to do a formula in Excel that has me stumped. Would
appreciate a
bit of help.
I have the formula:
=((C43*TAN(G29*PI()/180))/C45)
Which in this case gives the figu
0.429608961
I want the inverse tangent (inv tan) of this figure, which when worked
out
on a calculator is:
23.2487

Does anyone know what I should add to the formula to get the 23.2487
figure?

Thanks,

Nick

Dave Peterson