-   -   custom icon in custom commandar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/398782-custom-icon-custom-commandar.html)

Tim Rush

custom icon in custom commandar

I create a custom commandbar/menu that loads when the workbook opens.
I'd like to add my own icons to the those commands, and not use the
..faceID's that are included in Excel (2003).
Is there a command to add an icon based on a file pointer or something.
Sort of like
With mysubmenuitem
.caption="Item name"
.face = "Point to my Icon here" ?????

Sam Wilson

custom icon in custom commandar

I use a hidden sheet (sheet 1, say) as follows:

sheet1.shapes("blahblah").copy
with .mysubmenuitem
.caption = "Item Name"
.pasteface
end with

I made 'blahblah' by editing an existing icon in excel, and then copying
that into a cell on sheet 1 and changing its name to blahblah

"Tim Rush" wrote:

I create a custom commandbar/menu that loads when the workbook opens.
I'd like to add my own icons to the those commands, and not use the
.faceID's that are included in Excel (2003).
Is there a command to add an icon based on a file pointer or something.
Sort of like
With mysubmenuitem
.caption="Item name"
.face = "Point to my Icon here" ?????

Tim Rush

custom icon in custom commandbar

Then I suppose creating a series of 'shapes' on my Personal.xls file would
allow me to use any number of icons throughout all my files by selecting the
sheet in that workbook.
It should work, though a bit of an unusual method.
Thanks!