-   -   export chart as wmf (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/398684-export-chart-wmf.html)

export chart as wmf

I have a chart which I am attempting to export as an image but it is not
working, it exports as png, gif, jpg, but not wmf. Here is the code:

Dim c As Chart

Set c = Worksheets(1).ChartObjects(1).Chart

c.Export "C:\tmp\chart1.wmf", "WMF"

I have downloaded the graphic filter WMFIMP32.FLT and saved it to C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\GRPHFLT , but it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

thanks

Jon Peltier

export chart as wmf

Chart.Export only works with selected raster formats (bmp, jpg, gif, png,
tif), but not vector formats. You could paste the chart into PowerPoint as a
graphic, then save it as a metafile using PowerPoint. I don't have code
handy to do this.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP