-   -   data over formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/398637-data-over-formula.html)

Sangel

data over formula

Is it possible to work around having a cell or cells with a formula,
and being able to write directly to the cell without erasing the
formula?

i tried with =if and so on but can get it to work .

any comments?

Greetings

eliano

data over formula

Hi Angel.
No comment, because a cell can contain OR a string, OR a value, OR a
formula; please ceck your help on line to verify.
Eliano

"Sangel" wrote:

Is it possible to work around having a cell or cells with a formula,
and being able to write directly to the cell without erasing the
formula?

i tried with =if and so on but can get it to work .

any comments?

Greetings

Dave Peterson

data over formula

When I want a formula (for a default value), an input from the user (an
override), I'll use 3 cells:

For instance:
A2 = formula (a locked cell on a protected sheet)
B2 = shaded yellow for user input (an unlocked cell)
C2 = formula (=if(b2="",a2,b2) (also locked)

Then I use C2 in all the other formulas.

--

Dave Peterson