-   -   How to find internal connection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/398440-how-find-internal-connection.html)

Trust Me I'm from the government

How to find internal connection

I've got an excel sheet that has a connection to an external source.
However, I have the wrong DSN, apparently on my machine.

No one in my department remembers the DSN name, etc.....
How can I go into an excel workbook and find out what connection is supposed
to be there, in order, to fix it on my system?

Tom Ogilvy

How to find internal connection

go to a person who has a working connection and check its parameters.

Tom Ogilvy

"Trust Me; I'm from the government" wrote:

I've got an excel sheet that has a connection to an external source.
However, I have the wrong DSN, apparently on my machine.

No one in my department remembers the DSN name, etc.....
How can I go into an excel workbook and find out what connection is supposed
to be there, in order, to fix it on my system?

Trust Me I'm from the government

How to find internal connection

the point is - this is a sheet that's been newly resurrected, and no one we
know, in our group has a working connection

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
go to a person who has a working connection and check its parameters.

Tom Ogilvy

"Trust Me; I'm from the government" wrote:

I've got an excel sheet that has a connection to an external source.
However, I have the wrong DSN, apparently on my machine.

No one in my department remembers the DSN name, etc.....
How can I go into an excel workbook and find out what connection is
supposed
to be there, in order, to fix it on my system?

Tom Ogilvy

How to find internal connection

msgbox Activesheet.QueryTables(1).Connection