-   -   Rounding Up & Down (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/398388-re-rounding-up-down.html)

Ron Coderre

Rounding Up & Down

See if Mr. McGimpsey's website gives you something you can work with:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Cheesus171" wrote in message
What is the easiest way to be able to round, as normal, except to round
down
if the answer is .5, 1.5, 2.5 etc?

So for example, if I want to take 90% and 10% of 5, using the normal ROUND
function I would get 5 and 1 for a total of 6 which is greater than the
whole. To fix this I'd like to have one of the formulas round down if the
answer ends in .5 (but not .6, for example). Thoughts?

Thanks for the help