-   -   Automating Excel Macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/398141-re-automating-excel-macros.html)

Tim Williams

Automating Excel Macros

Make your macro an Auto_Open and it will run when the workbook opens.

Tim

"Alok" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Mike,
One can start a program e.g. and probably even invoke a specific
workbook using a parameter (though I have never tried it) but can one
get it to execute one of the many macros.?
Alok

On Sep 25, 7:46 pm, Mike wrote:
Try Control Panel Scheduled Tasks

"Alok" wrote:
Dear Excel Gurus,

I need help.

I have written an Excel Application that processes data (extracts
information from other excel workbooks) and writes to a csv fie). This
processing can be done interactively using a button but the users want
to automate the process - and this process has to run just once a
week.

One choice is to use Application.OnTime. However, this will mean that
the computer that runs the process will have to run Excel continuously
for a job which hardly takes 5 minutes. Is there another approach?

Thanks.

Alok- Hide quoted text -

Alok[_3_]

Automating Excel Macros