Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Workbook_Open not executing in Excel 2007

Hello Excel gurus,

I'm hopeful you can help me figure out why Excel 2007 is not executing
Workbook_Open code. I originally developed this app in Excel 2003
as .xls. I recently have converted to Excel 2007 and saved the app
as .xlsm. I have placed the app in a Trusted Location and set macro
security to "disable all macros with notification" for all documents
not in a trusted location. This works on one computer (XP, SP2, Excel
2007) but not on another with the same config (XP, SP2, Excel 2007).

When I open the app no Workbook_Open code is executed and F5 from VB
Editor says "macros are not enabled."

Any thoughts? What am I missing?

Thanks,
SMc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I answered a question similar to this a few days ago but no reply as to
whether it worked. I experienced a similar problem and I think that it was
due to not setting the macro security before loading and saving as an xlsm
file. Resaving to the same file name after setting the macro security did not
work but I got it to work by saving as a new filename.

Will be interested to hear if you have any success.

Regards,

OssieMac

"seanymac" wrote:

Hello Excel gurus,

I'm hopeful you can help me figure out why Excel 2007 is not executing
Workbook_Open code. I originally developed this app in Excel 2003
as .xls. I recently have converted to Excel 2007 and saved the app
as .xlsm. I have placed the app in a Trusted Location and set macro
security to "disable all macros with notification" for all documents
not in a trusted location. This works on one computer (XP, SP2, Excel
2007) but not on another with the same config (XP, SP2, Excel 2007).

When I open the app no Workbook_Open code is executed and F5 from VB
Editor says "macros are not enabled."

Any thoughts? What am I missing?

Thanks,
SMc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I apologize for the delay in my reply. Here is what worked:
- open Excel 2007 set macro security to "disable with notification"
and remove current folder if already a trusted location
- save the file as .xls
- when the .xls file is opened there is a notification that some
content has been disabled
- click the button to enable, open the trust center, trust the
location... and it works

It doesn't address the root problem (why Excel 2007 is not executing
Workbook_Open code) but is a workaround.

Thanks,
SMc