Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Late Binding Problem between Excel and Project

I have an Excel file that imports data from a Project file. However,
the users could potentially be on two different versions of Project.
With early binding this created a problem for those who used the
earlier version of Project. Therefore, I removed the reference and
used late binding.

This now created a problem in a function where I used constants
defined only in Project, but if there reference doesn't exist then the
constants mean nothing. The function relies on these constants for it
to work.

Questions:
1) I want to continue to use the late binding method, but how do I
allow my function to access the Project constants?
2) Is it possible to detect the version of Project that a user has
installed and programmatically create the reference?

Thanks in advance!