-   -   GetWindowsDirectory in Vista (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/397857-getwindowsdirectory-vista.html)

Broadband Al

GetWindowsDirectory in Vista

I've been successfully using a programmed spreadsheet that first writes to on
Windows XP that reads from the Windows Directory. I now need to use it on a
Vista machine. It doesn't seem to find the Windows Directory. How do I find
it?
--
Oxfordshire, UK

Tom Ogilvy

GetWindowsDirectory in Vista

Don't know what method you tried, but try:

? Environ("SystemRoot")
C:\WINDOWS

the above is demo't from the immediate window.

Not tested in Windows Vista.

Tom Ogilvy

"Broadband Al" wrote:

I've been successfully using a programmed spreadsheet that first writes to on
Windows XP that reads from the Windows Directory. I now need to use it on a
Vista machine. It doesn't seem to find the Windows Directory. How do I find
it?
--
Oxfordshire, UK

Broadband Al

GetWindowsDirectory in Vista

Thanks - the code is much shorter your way and works in Vista although the
index references are different. I was able to trap the correct fields -
thanks.
--
Oxfordshire, UK