-   -   Character Limits within an Array? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/397824-character-limits-within-array.html)

Max

Character Limits within an Array?

Here's an odd question. I have a macro that reads the contents of a column
into an array. The size of the cell contents can vary, and sometimes exceeds
255 characters. Sometimes, the array data is truncated to 255 characters,
other times it is not.

1) Why?
2) Is there a way to eliminate this phenomenon?

--
Thanks!
Max

JLGWhiz

Character Limits within an Array?

I know that the display on the worksheet is truncated if there is data in the
adjacent cells, whether that data is visible or not. However, if your
records are being truncated in the array variable, I don't have an answer for
that.

"Max" wrote:

Here's an odd question. I have a macro that reads the contents of a column
into an array. The size of the cell contents can vary, and sometimes exceeds
255 characters. Sometimes, the array data is truncated to 255 characters,
other times it is not.

1) Why?
2) Is there a way to eliminate this phenomenon?

--
Thanks!
Max

Tim Williams