-   -   Disable message box when trying to save a read only workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/397811-disable-message-box-when-trying-save-read-only-workbook.html)

AR

Disable message box when trying to save a read only workbook

Is it possible to disable the message box that appears when I click the save
button in a read only workbook (€œabcWorkbook.xls is read only. To save a
copy, click OK, then give the workbook a new name in Save As dialog box€)

I have disabled the Save As dialog in the Workbook_BeforeSave() event and am
displaying a customized message.

--
Thanks,
Amrit

JLGWhiz

Disable message box when trying to save a read only workbook

I am a little confused as to why you would click the save button on a read
only file. There should be nothing to save since no changes can be made,
unless you want to save it under a different name, in which case, the pop up
message is appropriate.

"AR" wrote:

Is it possible to disable the message box that appears when I click the save
button in a read only workbook (€œabcWorkbook.xls is read only. To save a
copy, click OK, then give the workbook a new name in Save As dialog box€)

I have disabled the Save As dialog in the Workbook_BeforeSave() event and am
displaying a customized message.

--
Thanks,
Amrit

AR

Disable message box when trying to save a read only workbook

The user does not know it is read only and it should behave as a normal excel
file, but internally I do the necessary changes through VB code. So I would
prefer if the standard message is not displayed.
--
Thanks,
Amrit