-   -   closing workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/397734-closing-workbooks.html)

Eric

closing workbooks

Hello All,

Is there a macro to close a workbook after you have imported the information
from that book? This workbooks name will change on a daily basis. I don't
want to close the workbook that has just had the information imputed into it.

ie: book 1 is always open. I want to imput info from book 2. I have
opened book 2 and now want to close it as soon as the macro is completed
imputing the information into book 1 and so on. I still want book 1 open so
I can continue imputing new information from other books. Thank you
inadvance for your help

Charles Chickering

closing workbooks

Workbooks("Book2.xls").Close False

Does that work?
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"Eric" wrote:

Hello All,

Is there a macro to close a workbook after you have imported the information
from that book? This workbooks name will change on a daily basis. I don't
want to close the workbook that has just had the information imputed into it.

ie: book 1 is always open. I want to imput info from book 2. I have
opened book 2 and now want to close it as soon as the macro is completed
imputing the information into book 1 and so on. I still want book 1 open so
I can continue imputing new information from other books. Thank you
inadvance for your help

Tom Ogilvy

closing workbooks

If you macro opens the workbook, then you should be able to retain a
reference to it and close it. If you open it yourself manually and just want
the macro to close it and the macro is in Book1 (an there are only Book1 and
Book2 open ) then

Dim bk as Workbook
for each bk in workbooks
if bk.windows(1).Visible then