-   -   Testing if Commandbar exists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/397624-testing-if-commandbar-exists.html)

Farrar > Tweety

Testing if Commandbar exists

Can't seem to get a handle on this. How would I test, in VBA, if the
toolbar "My Tools" exists? Any help appreciated, in the meantime I'm going
to keep hammering away.

-gk-

Leith Ross[_2_]

Testing if Commandbar exists

On Sep 17, 6:18 pm, "Farrar Tweety"
wrote:
Can't seem to get a handle on this. How would I test, in VBA, if the
toolbar "My Tools" exists? Any help appreciated, in the meantime I'm going
to keep hammering away.

-gk-

Hello,

Here is a code example...

Dim CmdBar As CommandBar
Dim Exists As Boolean

For Each CmdBar In Application.CommandBars
If CmdBar.Name = "My Tools" Then
Exists = True
Exit Loop
End If
Next CmdBar

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

Doug Glancy[_8_]

Testing if Commandbar exists

FarrarTweety,

Here's a function to test it:

Function CommandbarExists(CommandBarName) As Boolean
Dim cbar As CommandBar
On Error Resume Next
Set cbar = Application.CommandBars(CommandBarName)
If Err.Description = "" Then
CommandbarExists = True
End If
End Function

Run the test sub below and you should get "True" and then "False" in the
immediate window, unless you have a commandbar called "Foo":

Sub test()
Debug.Print CommandbarExists("Standard")
Debug.Print CommandbarExists("Foo")
End Sub

hth,

Doug

"Farrar Tweety" wrote in message
Can't seem to get a handle on this. How would I test, in VBA, if the
toolbar "My Tools" exists? Any help appreciated, in the meantime I'm
going to keep hammering away.

-gk-

Dave Peterson

Testing if Commandbar exists

dim myCmdBar as CommandBar

set mycmdbar = nothing
on error resume next
set mycmdbar = application.commandbars("my tools")
on error goto 0

if mycmdbar is nothing then
'doesn't exist
else